The excitement is real & overwhelming, as is the gut-wrenching nervousness. You’re ready to build your custom home, but you’re not sure what questions to ask. As the client, it’s important to gain insight into how the custom home building company works. Do they stay on time, on budget, what’s the communication like, and how do they respond to questions & concerns? Getting references and speaking with former clients will provide you with information & clarity. Knowing the questions to ask will guide you on your home building journey.
Here at Compass Homes, your Columbus custom home builders, we meet with clients daily to answer their questions about building with us. When it comes to building a custom home, we’ve got the experience, the client /builder relationship, the communication skills, references from previous clients, and the expertise to make your home building a rewarding & empowering experience.
Do you know what questions you should be asking?
Asking the following questions not only gives you peace of mind & clarity, but it provides you with a roadmap of what’s to be expected during this process. You’re going to be with us for a while, and it’s important that everyone is on the same page, that all questions get answered, and that your input is heard! We like each homeowner to work with our design team in order to come up with the design that fits your family.
- How long have you been in business? How many homes have you built?
- May I see references from your vendors?
- Are there previous clients I can speak with?
- What sets you apart from your competition?
- What are the benefits of the homes you build?
- What is a reasonable budget for the home/location where I want to build?
- How can I stay within my budget?
- I want to build “this type” of home. Do you have experience building this type of home?
- How long will it take my home to be built & do I have access to it during the build?
- May I tour some of your homes that are at different stages of construction?
- Who will oversee the construction of my home?
- How does the whole process work from beginning to end?
- What happens if I want to make changes during the construction or planning stages?
- What construction materials do you use?
- How energy efficient will my home be?
The process of homebuilding is never taken lightly; a lot of amazing craftsmanship & customizations come together to give you your dream home. Each one of our homes has “more thought per square foot” and this will benefit your family for years to come. All the details that go into your customized Compass Home make the home special to your family in particular.
When you purchase a Compass Home, with homes for sale in Upper Arlington, you are purchasing a home that is perfect for your family. Your input is respected and crucial every step of the way…we want to ensure the home fits your needs for the present and the future. Let us help you with all the amazing choices you can make when building your own home!