The right accessory can really make an outfit pop! The same is true for your home. Big, statement lighting is the go-to trend to add a wow factor to your home decor. Fantastic light features that are statement standouts will enhance any room in your house. Luckily, there is no shortage of options when it comes to room illumination. From pendants to chandeliers, floor lamps to wall sconces, here are some tips for incorporating big, statement lighting into your home:
- Consider the scale of the room – The size and scale of the room matter. This is a huge mistake that many homeowners make when looking at lighting. A large piece can overwhelm a small room, while a small fixture can get lost in the extra space. Make sure the fixture is proportional to the space.
- Choose a focal point – A statement light fixture should serve as a focal point in the room. Consider placing it in a prominent location, such as above a dining table, a stairwell, or in the center of a room.
- Consider the style of your home – Choose a fixture that complements the style of your home. A modern light fixture may not work well in a traditional home, for example.
- Get creative with placement – Big, statement lighting doesn’t always have to be hung from the ceiling. Consider wall sconces in a bathroom or highlight built-in shelving, to make a statement.
- Use lighting to create ambiance – Statement lighting can be used to create a mood or ambiance in a room. Adding dimmer switches or multiple light sources will create different levels of light and set the tone for the space.
- Mix and match – Don’t be afraid to mix and match different light fixtures in the same space. A chandelier and wall sconces, for example, can work well together to create a cohesive look.
- Consider energy efficiency – Big, statement lighting can use a lot of energy. Opting for LED or other energy-efficient light sources can help reduce your energy consumption and costs.
At Compass Homes. we don’t build houses, we build homes—the kind with warmth, grace, charm, and character, and with the highest quality craftsmanship. And we are here to make designing and building your dream home thoughtful, simple, painless, and most importantly, bright. Follow along on our blog for the latest
More From Compass Homes