Compass Homes was pleased to participate in the 2019 Kitchen Kapers tour of newly designed & remodeled kitchens in the Upper Arlington community. This year’s tour of homes included our home at 3117 Asbury Drive, as well as, six other homes. In its 32nd year of supporting cancer care at OhioHealth Riverside Methodist Hospital, Kitchen Kapers’ mission is to improve the lives of those living with cancer.
Created in 1987, Kitchen Kapers has provided nearly $1 million in support of Riverside Methodist's cancer care to help mitigate the physical & psychological side effects of cancer treatment. Their efforts have been recognized by the National Endowment for the Arts as a "Best Practice,” as it brings artistry to the bedside of cancer patients to enhance healing and improve quality of life.
Kitchen Kapers supports a variety of programming and integrative care to help cancer patients and their families with the effects of treatment.
- “Posts From the Coasts” - A national program brought to Riverside Methodist by Kitchen Kapers, Posts From the Coasts provides art materials and postcards for patients & family members to create 50 artistic postcards to exchange with other patients & family members touched by cancer.
- Integrative Care - Evidence-based complementary options, such as massage, acupuncture, or nutrition therapies, to align with traditional cancer care.
- Over My Head - Financial support for a wig or prosthesis at Over My Head boutique to offer comfort to patients undergoing chemotherapy or surgery.
- Art Therapy - Providing patients with canvas & paint, and formal art therapy for patients & their families.
- Wellness Workshop - Half-day workshops include the expertise of an art therapist, mind-body therapist, and musician.
Compass Homes is proud to partner with an organization making such a significant impact in our community and in the lives of patients & families battling cancer. We appreciate everyone who took the time to attend the Tour this year, and we look forward to future kitchen tours!